Blackwell is located in north central Oklahoma at the intersection of I-35,
State Highway 11, and U.S. 177. Blackwell is only 60 miles south of Wichita,
110 miles northwest of Tulsa, and 104 miles due north of Oklahoma City.
The city is strategically located in the midwestern United States, providing
easy access to other cities, such as:
- Dallas - 318 miles
- St. Louis - 454 miles
- Denver - 565 miles
- Kansas City - 239 miles
- Houston - 560 miles
community information and quality of life ...
Blackwell's supportive community resources enhance the quality of life for
- The community supports 22 Protestant churches and one Catholic
- The city's industrial support services include a complete machine
shop, a tool and die service, and foundry pattern manufacturers.
- Blackwell has three hotels/motels with 153 rooms and a banquet room capable
of accommodating 300 people.
- The community supports a local "daily" newspaper and radio
station. Cable TV is also available.
- The Blackwell Regional Hospital has 53 beds with six medical doctors,
two dentists, two optometrists, four chiropractors, and four private clinics.
- The City of Blackwell maintains 9 public parks and playgrounds, one Olympic-sized
swimming pool, one nine-hole golf course, and six tennis courts.
- Along with an active youth center for youngsters, the city also maintains
a 35,000 volume public library.
- The city's outdoor activities are furthered by nearby Kaw Lake, covering
17,000 surface acres. Located 18 miles east, the reservoir offers sailing,
swimming, fishing, hunting, boating, and skiing. Two marinas are also located
- Broadband Internet access is available through 3 Internet Service Providers:
Get Real Cable, AT&T dsl, and Cyber-Rover fixed wireless.
local links ...